Wednesday 9 November 2011

MOre MO for Your MOney!

Yes, ladles and jellyspoons, it's that time of year again: MOvember!

It's a time for growing ridiculous moustaches with the aim of raising awareness for Prostate Cancer - one of the biggest killers of men in the country.  Over £11 million was raised in 2010, with Mo Bros and Sistas from all walks of life participating.  This year's celeb participants include a host of television and sports stars including Joey Barton, Lance Armstrong and Marcus Collins on the X Factor.

Personally, I do it more for the awareness and fun of being a Mo Bro, than for actual raising of money.  I am too busy (in revision mode!) to have to collect everybody's cash donations.  But having my own MoSpace means anybody that wishes to donate money on my behalf can do so.  My brother, Jay, is my first sponsor this year and I hope others kindly donate too!


Me on Day 9 of MOvember 2011!

This year I have even joined a team, which includes my ex-housemate, Erin.  Our team is Stead fast and Dapper - thus my mo must be carefully groomed throughout the month!  I wouldn't want to let the side down!  Team leader, Jack, always has an impeccable mo!

I must admit to having a running start this year though.  Having a week off before MOvember started, meant no proper shaving for an extra week.  November 1st saw a shave down (if it's good enough for QPR striker Jamie Mackie, it's good enough for me!) but the handlebars are all November mo!  I'm hoping that this doesn't put people of donating - it would be a shame to use this as an excuse for no supporting!

As well as my MOvember team, I have a couple mates joining in this year - Gofer and Ed.  I'm not sure if they have any links, but I'm sure they would welcome any online donations being made through my MoSpace!  I know, that's cheeky... but it's all in a good cause!  I'll update with links if they have a MoSpace of their own...

On that note, I shall leave you with some pictures of their progress so far:


Ed - Day 9!  Needs to shave of the non-mo hair!

Gofer - Day 2!  Modelling himself on Paul Calf!


The aforementioned Paul Calf!


No comments: