Monday 27 April 2009

Spend, Spend, Spend... There's a Recession, You Know!


This month, I have mostly been spending... LOTS!

For the first week, I eBayed a load. I got a funky new Nigeria football shirt (I'll explain that one another time), some Battlestar Galactica stuff (lapel badge, which I collect, and a mousemat with hot cylons on for work), a leather jacket (because I've wanted one for ages) and some CDs (Rammstein, Guns 'n' Roses).

And I was excited by all of that! But today my excitement has hit a new level, thanks to this:


This is Xandra II.

Legend has it that I crash cars. Unfortunately, the legend is true. Xandra II would be my sixth car so far. One was old and had knackered suspension, two hit things, one wasn't in a fit state when I was given her and one survived!


One of the two dead ones, was the original Xandra. A dark metallic green Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, identical to the new one. And she was the love of my life (other than Sophie, of course!). Oh how I went into mourning for at least two months after smashing her into a pole, wiping out an entire villages electricity in the process! But the wait is over...


Xandra II is the same 2L model I ha
d before. The 3L version would require me to take out a mortgage to feed her petrol habit! She has plenty of grunt, and a pretty big exhaust to scare small dogs with. For the £1,650 I paid for her, there are a few little dinks to iron out with a good t-cut and polish and a small crack in the front bumper (not my parking for once), but it was still a good price.

Little Tammy, the 1.2L Corsa, is on her way back to Devon soon to meet up with her new owner. It's shocking how the car sells for a grand less than I bought her last year! But it'll do nicely anyway.

I think my spending spree is pretty much over now though... the £60 to fill her up each time is going to clean me out real soon!!

No comments: