Saturday 16 January 2010

Salem's Loot.

After discovering our kitten is actually likely to be a boy, Phee and I decided to name him Salem.  I came up with the name from Stephen King's novel, Salem's Lot.  It seemed nicely eerie for an all black cat.  Phee liked it because it was also the name of the cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch!  The gender of Salem hasn't been confirmed yet, but if "he" does turn out to be "she", the name will likely change to Luba (a nude model - link NSFW).


We finally got to meet Salem just before the new year.  We stayed at my Mum's for one night of our two-night stay in Devon.  Being excited as I was, I bought him (and the three siblings) a set of three toy mice!  And Salem, in particular, loved them:




Salem is now the sole remaining kitten, as his siblings have all got new homes.  But he must wait for six months before moving in with us.  And six months is such a long time!  Hopefully he'll be fully litter trained by then, and weened.  And also, a house cat!  Even if we do have a house in a safe area, I would worry too much that he'd wander away.  Curiosity might kill the proverbial cat... I don't want it to kill ours!

So here am I snuggling Salem.  In the mean time, I shall watch more of Simon's Cat... like here, in the snow!

No comments: