Thursday 3 December 2009

I Want a Cat Like Simon's!

I love cats.  Both sides of my family have always had them, loads of them.  Personally, I have had Tammy, Sooty, Tigger, Misty, Tiggy, Spike, Winston and Saki at various times of my life.

And in eight months time, I shall have another one, an as yet unnamed female black kitten.  Phee and I have been promised one of my Mum's cat's recent litter.  This is subject to finding a house in Hampshire/Surrey that accepts pets... if not, my Mum keeps her in Devon!  Phee is currently thinking of a name for her... Luna, Ebony, Jette and Aduke (my favourites so far) have not really grabbed her imagination!


From real cats, to realistic dipictions!
I first inadvertently stumbled upon Simon's Cat years ago when at my previous job, as somebody forwarded on a little animation involving a cat trying to wake his owner.  I didn't know at the time that any more had or were being made!  It involves said cat doing all the usually feline waking tricks... padding on you, playing with your face, miaowing loudly!  And then... WHAM!  It finds a sure fire way of getting it's owner to wake up:



The guy who created the animation is Simon Tofield, and his website is Simon's Cat.

Since then, he has gone on to create numerous other masterpieces, all of which I have almost wet myself over!  And here they all are (I'm too good to you):

Let Me In - why cat flaps are the humane answer!


Fed Up - maybe Simon's Dog will get a website?!


TV Dinner - if the cat's not fed...!


Fly Guy - cat v fly: the winner is unknown, the loser is always the homeowner!


And the newest addition to the website:
Hot Spot - what your cat really does when you leave your desk!



And finally...
A link that's been doing the rounds here.  The cutest kitten ever!

No comments: