Friday 16 October 2009

Wave Goodbye to the Personal Life!

It's Autumn.  And that can only mean one thing:

FOOTBALL MANAGER has a new release!

Football Manager 2010 isn't actually released in full, boxed form until the 30th October, but they have released the demo versions.  I had my first little play last night, after working out how to update Milla's DirectX without an internet connection!

The feature I'm most looking forward to using, the new database editor, I have to wait for.  But the other significant improvements have been to the backroom staff advice and the tactics.  The backroom staff now give you advice on almost everything!  As Arsenal, I'm pretty sure their advice is pretty on the money too!  When I have a go as Exeter City, I'm sure I shouldn't rely on it as much!

The tactics module is very different.  Gone are the sliders.  In are the different type of playing for every position.  In are the touchline shouts.  It's now so much more important to play the more extended highlights, to make sure you team is doing as you say!  I only got round to playing one match last night, a 3-0 win over my own reserve side!

Arsenal are not as strong as they have been.  Disappointingly so!  Vermaelen is so much better in real life!  I'm sure the "wonderkid lists" will be all over the internet in the next few days/weeks... I try to resist them, but I do end up creating a list of good talented youngsters to develop at Arsenal.  No money for big name signings for me!

Look out for updates when the full game is out... I intend to create the top two divisions of the Pentigarnian League with the new editor.  That's a league me and my mate Ratty made up years ago at school!

1 comment:

Matt Scratchley said...

The new game is stupidly easy. Well I thought so anyway. Just finished my first season with the mighty Grecian Warriors and only went and bleddy won the L1 title! You start with 40k, no wages free and a media prediction of 24th!

More emphisis seems to be on match tactics than just simply buying the best players. It amazes me that if you go on the forums, people who are ManUre, Chelscum etc are having problems unable to win matches...amateurs!